Carly at https://myhearinglossstory.wordpress.com/ recently nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. I met Carly when she read my blog about hearing loss. Carly herself experienced a sudden, severe and unexplained hearing loss and blogs about it at her site. As she describes this event in her posts, it is truly worth visiting to see how she is using a positive attitude to deal with this, while still trying to understand it all.
Since I have been nominated for this award in the past, I will not pass it on this time, but would like to thank Carly for her faith in my blog by telling 7 things about myself which is customary with this award.
- I was born on June 28th, 1943, but I don’t feel a day over 73.
- I weigh 192 pounds soaking wet, but the neighbors would prefer I didn’t run around naked in the rain.
- I am 6′ 4″ in height, so yes, they do pile it that high.
- I contributed to the Gross National Product for over 44 years, but now I am sucking the life out of it.
- I have been married 49 years tomorrow (April 7th). If we were Catholic, my wife would be a shoo-in for Sainthood.
- On top of all my other faults, I am a fan of the Philadelphia professional sports teams. Obviously, there is a masochistic gene running through my family.
- I have been blogging for over 6 years, which pretty much tells you how desperate WordPress is for contributors.
You truly are a versatile blogger, Al. Congratulations on 49 years of marriage- that’s quite an accomplishment. As a card-carrying Catholic, I’ll use my pull to see about getting Patty nominated for sainthood.
Thank you, Peg. It was a dirty job but somebody had to do it. Thank goodness Patty stepped up. Your clout with the Vatican is much appreciated. Just have the Pope read a few of my blogs, he’ll realize what she’s been dealing with all these years.
You are an inspiration to all us younger, lighter, shorter etc bloggers who aren’t nearly as Versatile or humorous as you!
Maybe, but anybody can run around in the rain naked…….
Anybody can, but very few would!
A very valuable member of the blogosphere! Thanks for the lovely introduction Al 🙂 Wishing you a very happy anniversary….Just wish i could get the image of a tall man running around naked in the rain!!!
Get the image out of my head 😛 haha!
LOL! Look at it this way, your worst nightmare is over, the rest of them will be a piece of cake!
Haha! You’re right!
And a very valuable member of the Blogosphere if I may so. I always enjoy your blog and it was such a pleasure to meet you last year 🙂
I think the reason you enjoy my blog is because it is so totally different from the beautifully expressive style that emanates from your site. But I’m glad you do.
Congrats Al & Happy 49th Anniversary. I sure hope you are taking that gal out somewhere special to celebrate!
Thanks, Lynn. Yes, we’ll be going out to a place that usually provide a beautiful sunset on the water. And we’re also going to use the day to plan our trip for the 50th.
Wonderful! Any ideas where you are headed for your 50th?
Right now, the Virgin Islands heads the list. Still thinking it over though….
Congratulations cousin! 🙂
Thanks, Marc. Already starting to make plans for next year’s.
Congrats, Al, you ARE a contender. Thanks, Carly, for seeing the worth and humor in my pal Al’ s blogs. Not going to talk about his obvious literary skills, so let me ask instead, is it me, or do others think Al resembles Lancaster royalty?
I always fancied myself more like the Tudors, except for the part about 6 wives. I would have made an awesome Henry the IX.