I’m not dead sure or absolutely positive about most things in this world. But after 72 years of life, I have at least learned that there are several immutable truths for my age group. This is just a few of them:
- Pushing is easier than pulling
- When walking, downhills do not cancel out uphills.
- You no longer have to ask for a senior discount. They just know.
- There is very little difference between cruise lines, except perhaps, the strain of norovirus inhabiting the ship.
- Doctors are more than happy to replace every single joint in your body. All you have to do is ask.
- Every person you know has arthritis. If you don’t believe it, just mention yours.
- Thanks to flatulence, you never go through a day without a smile.
- Assisted living commercials are experts at euphemisms. They take purgatory and make it sound like Nirvana.
- There is no fountain of youth. However, some restaurants do have a fountain of wine, which is essentially the same thing.
- One is never too old to make top ten lists.
And now you know.